The springtime weather is gorgeous and that always has me thinking about all those fun spring activities for the classroom. Do you need fun and engaging Spring Math Activities for Kindergarten and First Grade? If so, keep scrolling! Below you’ll find 7 Spring Math Activities to keep your new and struggling kindergarten and first grade students excited, engaged, and learning.
SPRING MATH ACTIVITIES FOR KINDERGARTEN AND FIRST GRADE
- Spring Numbers: Have students play Spring Number Bingo to practice number identification.
- Spring Counting: Provide number cards (use the ones from the bingo game) and have students count sets to match using spring counters: mini sun, flower, carrot, rabbit, rainbow erasers, pastel jelly beans, buttons, mini pom poms, Skittles, Fruit Loops. These fun counters will keep your students excited about learning … especially if they’re given something edible to use and of course get to eat it later!
Download the counting sets freebie below as a follow up activity.
- Spring Patterns: Provide students with Spring manipulatives from above and have them use them to practice patterning. You can specify patterns by programming a spring shape with the pattern. ie. program a flower with AB, a rabbit with ABC These will identify what patterns the student needs to create.
- Spring Glyphs: Use Spring Glyphs to engage your students in some fun math activities while practicing data research, management, and using tally marks.
- Spring Graphing: Provide students with a bag of Spring manipulatives for them to graph.
- Spring Measurement: Have students use Spring manipulatives to measure things using non-standard measurement. Create a recording sheet for their answers if appropriate.
- Spring Addition: Use Spring Addition to 5 for Google Slides with your students to have them practice adding. Includes virtual manipulatives just right for emerging addition skills. The students drag over the correct number of butterflies needed and then count how many in all.
MORE SPRING RESOURCES
Looking for more Spring activities? Check out the links below:
Spring Activities for Kindergarten and First Grade
Spring Activities for Kindergarten and First Grade Using Google Slides
Spring Splash Sight Words Bingo
Free Spring Kindergarten and First Grade Rhyming Pages
Creepy Crawly Bugs Learning Activities
BROWSE HERE FOR SPRING RESOURCES
I hope you found some fun activities to do with your class. Please share any fun or engaging things you do in your classroom below. I’d love to hear from you!
Don’t forget you can Follow Me @ TpT and join my Email List at the top of the page. Follow Me at TpT to know exactly when new resources hit the store. Join the Email List at the top of this page to get updates on blog posts and freebies. Just make sure you click TEACHER or SCHOOL STUFF ONLY when joining.
You can also find me on Pinterest.
Leave a Reply